The Quaker Ridge Golf Club Fellows Program gives rising 10th, 11th and 12th grade New Rochelle High School Students – the Quaker Ridge Golf Club Fellows – the opportunity to engage in a meaningful summer program of approximately 15 to 20 hours per week, from June 28 through August 4, 2023.
Fellows can explore careers and career pathways in the golf (and tennis) industry and participate in mentoring and networking events that expose them to other professions.
The Quaker Ridge Golf Club, located in Scarsdale, NY, is a private club with more than 400 member families. The golf course, which was designed by A.W. Tillinghast in 1916 and opened in 1918, Is often referred to as “Tillie’s Treasure” and is ranked among the top 100 in the United States by both Golf Digest and Golf Magazine. Quaker Ridge Golf Club embraces the core values of community, honesty, integrity, respect for the individual, teamwork and the competitive spirit.
Momentum Golf & Education is partnered with the Club to provide 8 students with the opportunity to participate in:
- Internships for 15-20 hours per week to work and learn under the supervision and guidance of the Club’s professional staff.
- Fellows can select an internship placement from the following: Golf Operations, the Golf Shop, Golf Course Maintenance, Food and Beverage, Tennis Operations, and Club Management and Business Operations.
- Instruction in golf and tennis on a weekly basis
- Mentoring, networking, and other participatory events
All Fellows will receive a summer stipend of $2,800.
As Quaker Ridge Golf Club Fellows, students:
- Experience and become part of the Quaker Ridge Golf Club community
- Are instructed in the game of golf and in the game of tennis, as well as in the life skills these sports embrace
- Experience the different facets of running a renowned, first-in-class golf club, supervised by professional staff members
- Receive guidance and mentoring from Club members and Momentum’s staff and network of professionals in a variety of areas, including careers and career pathways in the golf sector, finance, law, and medicine to name a few.
- Receive a Fellows stipend
High school students must:
- Be a student of color
- Be at least 15 years of age and a rising sophomore, junior or senior
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete an application that includes personal statements (prompt questions are provided), unofficial transcript, and a letter of recommendation from a teacher and/or academic advisor. (Scroll down to start an application.)
Final selection requires that the student:
- Identifies internship placement(s) of interest (up to two selections are required)
- Successfully interviews for the internship placement
- Completes the Fellowship Agreement/Code of Conduct
How to Apply
To apply to the program, you must complete our application form and submit a transcript.