Quaker Ridge Fellows
This summer we completed another successful Quaker Ridge Fellows Program with eight students from New Rochelle High School. The highlight of each week was “Momentum Wednesday,” when students learned about STEM, financial literacy, writing, and public speaking and attended “career lunches” with club members from a variety of industries.
On their other days at the club, the students interned with the general manager, golf course maintenance, golf operations, tennis operations, the kitchen, and food and beverage. You can read about their summers here, and watch Nyah Rosado’s video report below.
Ways You Can Help
- Donate. Support Momentum by making a donation.
- Tell Your Friends! Spread the word to your friends, colleagues, and family, and follow us on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Get Involved. Reach out to learn more about our programming and volunteer opportunities.
We have several other projects in the works, including:
- Eagle Academy Harlem: Restarting the middle school and high school golf program in the 2023-24 academic year.
- LifeScience Cares: Potential partnership with this nonprofit that would benefit hundreds of students from two NYC-based public high schools.
- Diversity and Inclusion Programming at Golf Clubs: We are in discussions with a private golf club in New Jersey and a public 9-hole course in upstate New York.
- The National Science Foundation, America’s Water Education Program: Our work with the NSF is progressing, and the Water Exhibition is scheduled for May 2023!